Here is a list of our School Governors and their positions.
- Wendy Parkins – Head Teacher
- Julie Strang - Vice Chair
- Suzanne Charlesworth - Chair of Governors
- Jack Prady - Co-opted
- Helen Bullock - Co-opted
- Catherine Provoost - Co-opted
- Cllr Garrido – Co-Opted
- Dawn Hardie – Co-Opted
- Malcolm Wilson – Co-Opted
- Frances Jones - Parent Governor
- Craig Anthony – Parent Governor
Attendance at Committee Meetings
Attendance at Full Governing Body meeting - Spring 2018
Attendance at Full Governing Body meeting - Autumn 2017
School Governors - Job Description
Register of personal, pecuniary or business interests
All the governors and associate members of Ellenbrook Primary School listed below have signed the Register of personal, pecuniary or business interests. This is a declaration of any personal or business interest they or any relative or person closely connected with them, have with businesses or other organisations that may have dealings with the school.
This could for example include owning or having a relative work for a businessthat had dealings with school; having a relative working in or for school or being a governor of another school.
If any interest a governor has could be seen to cause a conflict of interest they would be asked to withdraw from any decision making concerned. This is to ensure that our governors can always be seen to be putting the interest of the school first.
If there is a potential conflict it is shown in the table. This tablealso shows the category of governor each person is, any specific role on the governing body and the committees they are members of.
More information about the requirements to complete and sign the Register of personal, pecuniary or business interests can be found on Salford City Council’s Governor Services webpages at http://www.salford.gov.uk/schoolgovernors.htm where you will also find the links to all the other local authority’s (LA) governing bodies’ personal, pecuniary or business interests registers.
The different categories of governors on our governing body are:
- parent governors who have a child in school at the time of their election, and are elected by the parents with children at the school;
- staff governors who are members of staff at the school and are elected by their colleagues;
- co-opted governors are appointed on to the governing body by the other members because they come from a specialist group, such as the business community or because they possess a particular skill which can contribute to the effective governance and success of the school;
- local authority (LA) governors who are nominated by the local councillor and appointed by the governing body;
- the Headteacher (HT) is also a member of the governing body by right of the position they hold in the school;
- associate members are not actually governors but can be appointed to serve on committees and attend meetings of the full governing body. They do not have the right to vote at meetings of the full governing bodybut may been given voting rights on the committees that they are a member of, but these rights can only be given by the governing body.
The different committees our governing body has are:
- There are also separate disciplinary and appeals committees which are convened if they are required.
|Scroll Right to
see More -->
|Name of governor/associate member||Term of office||Governor type||Details of specific roles held on the GB||Committee membership||Has signed the register||Details of any conflicting interest:
|Mrs S Charlesworth||07.07.15 To 07.07.19||Co-Opted||Chair of Governors||
|Mrs J Strang||05.12.16 To 04.12.20||LA Gov||Vice Chair||
|Helen Bullock||21.11.15 To 20.11.19||COP||COP||
|Catherine Provoost||21.11.15 To 20.11.19||COP||COP||
|Dawn Hardie||21.11.15 To 20.11.19||COP||COP||
|Councillor Robin Garrido||07.07.15 to 06.07.19||COP||COP||
||Yes||Forviva Works Ltd (Building & Maintenance) Nominal one share (Nov 2012)
Forviva Works Ltd (Housing Provider) Nominal one share (May 2010)
|Wendy Parkins||21.04.15 To 20.04.19||HT Gov||HT Gov||
|Craig Anthony||11.03.14 to 10.03.18||Parent Gov||Parent Gov||
||Yes||British Orienteering (Sport Orienteering) – Staff 14.04.14|
|Malcolm Wilson||21.11.15 To 20.11.19||COP||COP||
|Peter Marks||04.07.16 to 04.07.20||Staff Gov||Staff Gov||
|Frances Jones||10.11.16 To 09.11.20||Parent Gov||Parent Gov||
Explanatory notes: COG = Chair of Governors; VC = Vice Chair of Governors; SEND = Special Educational Needs and Disability; CP = Child Protection; SG = safeguarding; H&S = Health & Safety; IT = Information Technology