Year 4 Bells – 2016/17
Welcome to our Year 4 Bells page!
Keep a lookout for all of the exciting things we’ve been up to in class and any important messages!
Year 3 Bells
Year 3 – Spellings for the Easter holidays. Children need to revise all the spelling patterns we have learnt in Spring 2. You can find a copy of all the words we have covered here.
7.9.15 – 11.9.15
This week Year 3 Bells have begun exploring the question, “What is a force?”
The children were given a range of materials and asked, “How can the shape of solid objects made from some materials be changed?” The children discovered that the shape of some materials could be changed if a force was applied.
Next week, we will compare “How things move on different surfaces.” Check the blog again for more pictures!
What a fantastic first week we have had. I have really enjoyed getting to know the children and we are all loving the new classroom. We are working hard already and the children have produced some high quality work to get us off to a great start in Year 3.
Here are a few important reminders:
- Swimming for Year 3 Bells will begin on Thursday 10th September – please ensure your children has a swimming kit in school next week.
- Our P.E day is Wednesday – please ensure your child has both an indoor and outdoor P.E kit in school all the time as P.E days can change. If children wear earrings, they must be able to remove them by themselves, and it would be very helpful if they had something to keep them in so that they don’t get lost.
- Children need to read every day, and parents need to sign reading records at least three times a week. Children are not expected to finish a book every night – it is the quality questioning that develops their comprehension skills so reading a smaller amount but increasing the questioning is much better for your child.
- Spellings have gone out this week and your child has been sent home with a new spelling book. Sentences should be written at the front of the book and the back is for spelling tests.
- Children have also received a learning log book this week and I ask that this is backed ready for next week.
I look forward to a successful and happy year with your children.
Thank you for your continued support and have a lovely weekend!