Nursery have thoroughly enjoyed our ‘Pets’ topic the past three weeks, taking part in a variety of fun pet-themed activities, exploring a different kind of pet daily and focusing on the stories ‘The Great Pet Sale’ by Mick Inkpen and ‘Aaaarrgghh Spider’ by Lydia Monks. We also got the opportunity to look after our own class pets for a couple of days, Frank and Phil the goldfish! Nursery did a fantastic job of taking care of them.
Over the past three weeks we have..
– Bought and sold pets in our role-play shops
– Painted and described our pets (or a pet we would like!)
– Cooked for cats in the mud kitchen
– Took part in a ‘Crufts’ obstacle course
– Designed our own fish tanks in the ICT suite
– Created animal information pages
– Counted cheese cubes for the mice
– Hunted for spiders outdoors
We are now pet experts! Take a look at how busy we’ve been!